Sunday 28 April 2013

L-Plate - why?

So what is this blog about? In my role teaching Dietitians and Nutritionists, I have spent a lot of time trying to convince training and "new to the career" nutrition professionals to get in there and embrace social media, the internet and writing.
For many, the idea is quite daunting and often new nutritionists and dietitians don't feel confident enough in their knowledge and ability to launch their ideas into a public forum. A lot of students want experience to help them in their quest for the perfect job and a lot of new nutrition professionals are keen to get on the track to being published and to have media and writing experience but don't quite know where to start.
This is where this blog comes in....I thought I'd make a place where Dietitians, Nutritionists and "soon -to-be" graduates can try their hand at writing blogs and articles.
So what's in it for the reader?
New and fresh content, straight from the cutting edge of nutrition training. No bad habits, no rusty knowledge or "tried and true" adages trotted out "just because we always have". This should all be great stuff from some pretty clever and talented , up and coming nutrition stars....
If you are wanting to submit a blog or article, contact me....on amdietetics@aol.com
So who will be first?

Anne Myers :) (Dietitian/Nutritionist)

3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I am really excited about this!
    I am a third year dietetics student and have been pondering with the idea of blogging for a long while now but have not known where to start.
    It is so nice to know there is support out there to get the ball rolling!
    Do you have any suggestions on length, style etc?

    Megan (Student Dietitian)
    @MKSNutrition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan
      I'm hoping lots of people step up to "give it a go". I remember how scary it was the first time I posted on the internet and wondering how to get the ball rolling. I thought this would be great as everyone is in the saem boat and, of course, everyone is supportive :)

      With style and length etc, thats the beauty of this blog - it's anything you would like to try. I would keep in mind that it needs to be easy to read and for a wide audience. (So not too long- less than 1000 wds). You could start with a quick shot or a recipe and move to blogs or start with the blog.

      Think about - audience, readability, message. There are some great "how to blog" sites out there to look at too.

      Oh, and Im planning to move the blog to a website in a few months...that should be fun ;)

      Delete
  2. Sounds fab!

    I am rather busy at the mo with a few uni assignments I have on the go! But as soon as they are out the way I will get started. I have been collecting ideas for a while now to write about so I am looking forward to getting creative with it!

    I will be in touch soon :)

    ReplyDelete